Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Random stuff on a Tuesday

* My baby sister got engaged a few weeks ago which is so exciting.  They are getting married in October of next year and this weekend we went to our first bridal fair in the area.  I love everything about weddings and by default I love bridal fairs.  We tasted a ton of cakes and appetizers and checked out local vendors.  I was surprised that apparently fall weddings are getting more and more popular so vendors are booking up for next year already.
 
I love wedding planning and so wish I could do it again.  To Josh of course ( I’m not looking for another husband), just another wedding day.  My wedding was already a DIY spectacular (IMO of course) but if Pinterest had been around then…. WOW.  I probably would have been uncontrollable. 
 
* This past week we also finished Parent-Tot swimming lessons at our local rec center.  The classes are for kiddos 6 months – 3 years with an accompanying adult.  I took them 4 times I think with Caleb before Eli was born and we took this opportunity to do them together before Caleb is too old and will move on to the next level by himself.  Both boys had a good time and Caleb is quite the swimmer!  He’s kicking his feet and paddling his arms like a big kid.  The teacher said he was ready for the 3 year old class, Tadpoles, in the spring. 
 
 



 
 
I took swim lessons all through elementary school and then swam on the swim team in high school.  For me, swimming in high school was one of the best experiences of my life.  It taught me so many things: what it meant to be a part of a team, dedication, pushing yourself beyond what you actually think you can do, and made me some life long friends.  My kids may not want to swim in high school and that’s fine.  However, I want them to take lessons until they at least  know how to swim effectively.  To me, that’s an important life skill and really a matter of safety.  After that, it’s up to them.
 



 
This was my attempt at getting them to take a picture with their certificates.  Clearly, that did not happen.  As Caleb would say, silly mommy.
* We’re heading to visit Josh’s family this weekend which we are all looking forward to.  His twin brother, sister-in-law and our nephew are flying in for a short visit.  As I have mentioned before, we don’t get to see them very often so it’s a special time when we do.  I can’t wait to spend time with our nephew who is Eli’s age.  I’m so curious to see how they will interact with each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment