Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Eli - 9 months

My sweet baby boy.  It’s hard to believe that he is already 9 whole months old.  NINE!  Where has the time gone. 
 
 
When I think about what I will remember about him at this age is that he is on the move.  All. The. Time.  He is getting so fast crawling around, even faster when he is crawling for something he knows he isn’t supposed to have.  When I tell him “no dog food Eli” for example, he turns around with the biggest, cutest grin and then continues to go for the dog food.  It’s almost hard to continue to tell him no.
 
 
Just yesterday, he started saying ‘da da da da’.  It’s absolutely adorable.  I cannot even describe.  A few months ago he said ‘ma ma ma’ like twice and got me all excited but turns out it was a fluke.  I don’t think he quite knows what ‘da da’ means yet but we are getting there.  Speaking of Daddy, he is just about Eli’s favorite person these days.  When Josh gets home in the evening, Eli reaches for him and shrieks until he picks him up but once he does he is as happy as can be.
 
We went to the doctor this month and he weighs 19 pounds, 10 ounces.  He dropped to the 47th percentile which is no surprise to me with how much he is moving.  I wouldn’t have guessed however that my 97th percentile at birth baby would drop to average weight by 9 months.  He’s lost some of his baby chubbiness and is starting to look like such a big boy.  Sigh…
 
 
He is still nursing great and he much prefers finger foods over purees these days.  We try to give him a mix of both and try to encourage him to try new foods that he has previously rejected like peas and cheese.  I think we are making some progress with our picky eater.   
 
He did great in swim lessons this month and really is starting to interact more with his surroundings.  When we play outside with Caleb, he always wants to be a part of the action: drawing with chalk, following Caleb down the driveway, playing with the outside toys.  One of his favorite things to do is to roll a big red ball back and forth with Caleb.  He giggles and kicks his feet because he is so excited.  It’s so cute watching him throw the ball with his tiny arms. 
 


 It blows my mind that I will be soon planning his first birthday party and watching him walk.  Slow down time.... you are going too fast.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment