Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Life lately

Our house has been hit by the plague.  Maybe that is a bit dramatic.  I'm certain that a plague would be worse.  Both boys have the whole nasty cough, congestion, cranky thing that is going around which may or may not be also related to the diarrhea thing that they also have.  Poor Eli is having a hard time sleeping and just yesterday when I thought everyone was on the mend, I was proved wrong by a projectile vomiting incident.  Rock on.

Other than that, this past weekend we went to the zoo with my family and had a great time.  Both boys didn't last very long (I assume because of the impending sickies about to hit the next day) but we had a good morning.  Caleb was amazed to see the actual animals that we read about in our books and loved feeding the ducks.





 
 
The weather was perfect and not too hot so the animals were actually out to see everyone which Caleb loved.





That evening, we celebrated my birthday with my family.  I received some wonderful gifts: some Chicago Bears/Cubs gear, a cute sweater, some OXO good grips containers (LOVE) and the Rachael Ray cookware I was dying to have.  Remember how I talked about the deep serving dishes that can go from oven to table?  Yeah... they were shockingly small.  Especially for the price they were.  The small one was only 1.25 quarts and the larger one about 2.5 I think.  I don't know what kind of miniature casserole you are supposed to put in those.  Those unfortunately are going back to the store.

It was a great weekend to spend time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment