Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizzas

It's always a belief of mine (and luckily my husband too) that everything is better with buffalo sauce.  Okay, everything within reason.  I draw the line at ice cream. 

I saw these flatbreads that I hadn't seen before at the grocery store last weekend and knew they would be perfect for buffalo chicken.  They did not disappoint. 
 
 
 
I cooked my chicken in the crock pot with salt, pepper, and a little water during the day and they were very quick to assemble once Josh got home from work.  Normally, I would have cooked the chicken with buffalo sauce in the crock pot but I was worried it would be a little too spicy for the boys and added it to half of the chicken after it had been shredded.
The carrot and celery added a nice crunch and the laughing cow gave a great blue cheese flavor without being too overwhelming or adding a lot of fat.


Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizzas
* 1 package flatbread (we had enough chicken for our package of 6)
* 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
* 1/2 cup buffalo sauce ( I love Frank's red hot, use more or less for your taste)
* 3 Laughing cow spreadable wedges, blue cheese flavor
* 1-2 carrots and 1-2 celery stalks, diced
* 1 package of mozzarella or pizza cheese


 
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake flatbreads for 3-4 minutes until they are slightly crispy.
2)  Spread 1/2 laughing cow blue cheese wedge on each flatbread.
3) Mix shredded chicken with buffalo sauce and spread on pizzas.
4) Layer diced carrots and celery and top with cheese.
5) Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  
 
 
The rave reviews from my boys will definitely have me making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment