Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

DIY Easy Halloween Wreath

Since having children, I've become a big holidays decorator.  Can't say I was much of one before the boys but it makes me happy to see their excitement when the house is festive for the time of year.   In fact, (as a little side note) my mother is great at decorating for the holidays and always has at the very least a festive hand towel in every bathroom and the kitchen for the smaller holidays.  For an entire year before I was married, she went out and bought a few hand towels for every single season and holiday and gave them to me for one of my wedding showers.  I absolutely love them.

Anyway, every year since Josh and I have been together we have worked on increasing our holiday decoration stash, buying at least a few pieces every year.  Some of my favorites this year are these adorable pumpkins that I bought from Hobby Lobby.  I think they are so cute and I would buy an entire pumpkin patch of these things if I could afford to.



I also love this basket my mom wove for my sister and I this year.  So cute with the little ghosts and the orange colored reed is so festive for this time of year. 


 

This cute sign post that we have in a planter on our front porch from you guessed it... Hobby Lobby.  I swear, I could spend all day (and our entire savings account) in that store given the chance.





Finally, I adore this Halloween wreath that I made this week.  Super easy and fast and looks adorable out on the front door. 



I bought a Styrofoam wreath from Hobby Lobby for $4.99 and wrapped it with black yarn.  I put a line of glue in sections on one side of the wreath, wound the yarn over it, and worked my way around the entire wreath.  I used hot glue because I wanted it to dry/harden quickly and not stick to me or anything else. 

Once it was wrapped, I glued a loop of the same yarn to the back for hanging and then started gluing my cute decorations.  A couple weeks ago I found a garland of glitter covered orange pumpkins, black bats, and purple spider webs at Target in their dollar section and grabbed them thinking I would do something Halloween related with them.  I took the garland apart and glued them on along with a couple white wooden ghosts that I found at Hobby Lobby for $1.50.  Finally, I painted a couple .97 letters (also found at Hobby Lobby) orange to spell out BOO.



I love the way it turned out and love seeing it when I drive by.  Super easy and the entire thing cost less than $20.  Way cheaper than buying one and this one looks exactly like I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment