Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Twin pregnancy- 30 weeks!!!

30 weeks gone. Holy bananas. We are so close and yet so far it feels like!  I keep telling Josh that I feel like my beloved Cubbies and I are both in the hunt for October this year. I would love to still have these babies in my tummy in October- while they are still playing baseball. ;)

Lately, Caleb has been asking more and more about when these babies are going to be born and why we have to wait so long. Understandably, it's very hard for a 4 year old mind to grasp why these babies need to stay and grow more- especially as he can see how giant Mommy's tummy is already. The boys and I made a paper chain this week with a loop for every day we have left until 38 weeks. They take turns taking a link off at breakfast everyday and it definitely seems to be helping them understand how to gauge how much time we have left. (Plus, C is pretty excited about the brand new paper bracelet he gets to wear every day!) 


I saw my doctor this week for a regular appointment. She is always so encouraging which is seriously making all the difference.  She always congratulates me on making it to this point and gives us another milestone to shoot for. Our next one is 32 weeks- apparently some major brain development happens right around 32 weeks. Goals are really helpful mentally for me right now!

I'm still sleeping reasonably well but every day wake up feeling like an 86 year old woman who just ran a marathon. And then fell down the stairs.  My hips and back are SO sore and I can barely move!  Usually it loosens up a bit during the day and then I'm sore again at night.  It's quite delightful.  

In general, even though it's easy to complain.  I know how lucky I am.  I would so much rather be sore and exhausted every day then have these babies born a second before they are ready to be.  Excuse the awkwardness of the belly picture below.  I asked Josh when I looked at it- do I really look this big and do I really look this TIRED all the time?  He politely lied to me.... because he's a good husband.


31 weeks.... here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment