Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Twin Pregnancy - 28 weeks

Week 28 is drawing to a close and as usual I'm pretty pumped and proud to be moving on to the next week. On Thursday, we saw my OB and had another ultrasound. It's amazing how big the babies are getting- not as easy to see  all the parts!  We successfully survived another ultrasound without accidentally finding out the gender of the babies and it's starting to look like we may actually pull that part off! Our tech this time was so sweet and went out of her way to get us sweet pictures of one of the babies ears, profiles, and hair (!) on both their heads. They were both estimated at about 3 pounds each with only 2% discordance which is wonderful. The doctor thinks that may be a bit of an overestimate on weight since all my babies generally tend to have large heads which throws off the weight estimate at this point.

My doctor was slightly concerned about the contractions I have been having but we were all comforted in learning that no progress has been made toward labor which is great news. I had to drink the glucola for the gestational diabetes test which is always a good time but at least this new office we are at chills the drink for you. My last two pregnancies when we were at family practice made me drink it warm- way nastier. I haven't heard from them about the results which hopefully is a good thing?  I've been warned that two babies makes you more prone to developing gestational diabetes so you just never know. 

Turns out that Baby B has actually traded places with Baby A and is now head down and the presenting twin. Baby A has moved from transverse last month to feet down.  Ideally, that baby would flip around to head down also but they will still attempt a vaginal delivery with a breech extraction of Baby A if everything stays as it is now. Honestly, a breech extraction scares the crap out of me but then so does a c-section so there's that. 

Before we left the doctors, we scheduled out the rest of the appointments for the pregnancy which totally put it all in perspective for me. We have four more appointments and two more ultrasounds scheduled before the end. Bananas. That was a massive motivator!!

I hope to finish up shopping for the babies this weekend and start washing things/ getting their room ready!

As always, happy to have made it this far and looking forward to what this week brings!!






No comments:

Post a Comment