Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

A bad case of the winter blahs

Yep.  I have it bad.  The winter blahs.  You know, a mixture of cabin fever and 'oh my gosh I absolutely cannot take any more winter weather' syndrome.  I want to get outside for walks with my munchkins and play all evening long outside.  I'm tired of the runny noses and the 18 million layers we put on to leave the house.  I am just over it. 

I'm half-tempted to climb into bed, pull up the covers and refuse to come out until spring.  Or at least until the temperature says 40 degrees.  But then I remember that I have children and that stuff just doesn't fly anymore.  Perhaps it is part of my battle with the winter blahs, but I feel like I'm running in a mouse wheel this days with nothing to really show for it.  I could use a 28 hour day and like a whole other person's energy stores this week. 

On the positive side of all this cold weather, I took Caleb to see 'Frozen' this past weekend at the theater.  It was his first movie theater experience and he did amazing.  I was so proud.  He shockingly sat for the entire movie including previews (come on people, 20 minutes of previews and ads for a kids movie?) and really enjoyed it.  The giant snowman scared him a little but otherwise he was fine.  Totally adorable movie and I even loved it.  I am looking forward to the time when Eli is old enough to go and all four of us can go together. 

However, there are only so many distractions and fun indoor activities that I have left up my sleeve.  Come on warmer weather!! Where are you?  It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment