Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Compartmentalizing

As I would imagine is the case with any mother, especially those working mothers, it is an absolute necessity for me to compartmentalize.  On paper, I do not have a job that you would think would be particularly stressful.  However, the environment that is created here is extremely stressful for me.  Very seldom does a day go by that I don't leave my building to head to the daycare to get my kiddos very stressed out and still thinking (and worrying) about my work day.

While it can be irritating sometimes, I have about a 10 minute walk to my car in the afternoon that really helps to de-stress after a long day.  Honestly, most days (except in this bitter cold) I wish it was longer.  I listen to music or podcasts and it helps to leave all the work stuff behind and think about my home life.  Lately though, I've been having a really hard time letting it all go and 'leaving it all behind'.

Never, ever, (ever, ever, ever) do I want to be a mother that is stressed out at home and let it affect my kids.  I never want to be short with them because I'm thinking about something that happened earlier in the day that they didn't even have anything to do with.  It's a constant struggle.  I'd love to know if this is something that most mothers deal with or if it's the environment that I work in that leaves me feeling this way.  And if it is.... is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment