Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eli's baptism

A big day in our religion is the day a baby is baptized, which for us is scheduled soon after birth.  Our Church performs two baptisms at the weekend services once a month which as you can imagine, leads to some scheduling difficulties and a waiting list.  We were able to get Eli baptized when he was 4 months old, which is pretty lucky.  I've heard that some babies have to wait until 8 or 9 months depending on the waiting list at the time. 

Our Church is a little different than most these days in that it has the baptism celebration during the actual Mass, where as Caleb's was done in a small ceremony for families after Mass.  I felt as though we were on display for everyone which made me a little nervous but it was also nice to see so many people welcoming Eli into the Church and offering their blessings.


 Eli was introduced to the Church with us and his godparents. We chose my sister as his godmother and my cousin Ben as his godfather.  This was after the priest told Caleb that he was going to help with the ceremony.  Everybody got a good laugh.




My Aunt got some beautiful pictures of the actual baptism.  Eli was such a good boy and actual seemed to like the water on his head.  Unlike his brother, who screamed his head off when he was baptized.  



That play phone you see Caleb holding?  He would NOT let it go.  I figured it would be best to let him keep it and avoid the meltdown during Church while we sat in the front row, but little did I know that he was going to drop it while we were receiving a blessing which made a really loud noise!  Even the priest stopped and laughed. 






Love this picture of me and my sweet boy!  Caleb was able to wear Josh's baptism outfit when he was baptized which was pretty special to us and really cool to look back on pictures.  Caleb looks so much like him which made it all the better.  We had planned to have Eli wear the same outfit but my adorable, chubby baby was too big for it.  I ordered one off of Amazon that looked pretty similar and I think he looks very handsome in it. 



                                                              Eli and his godfather, Ben.


Eli and his godmother, Aunt Brittany.  She likes to call herself his 'fairy' godmother. 



And last but not least, my big boy smiling at the dinner afterwards.  He was so good during the ceremony and had a blast playing with everyone at the party.  Seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his baptism!  

We were so happy that our families were able to join us to celebrate and it meant a lot to us that some people traveled hours to be there.  Eli received some really adorable gifts.  He is a very loved little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment